2020 isn’t just a new year. It’s also a new opportunity to become part of something larger than yourself and make a difference that will enrich your own life, as well as the lives of those affected by breast cancer. Susan G. Komen needs each and every one of you to be a part of our 3-Day family this year!
If you need a bit more motivation to join the 3-Day community in 2020, we have a few all-encompassing reasons to #Commit3Days and join the 3-Day NOW! Here’s the breakdown…
- New decade, new goals: If you want to make the most of the ’20’s, completing the 3-Day is the perfect achievement to get you started on your best decade yet!
- Visit a new city: We are so excited to bring the 3-Day back to Chicago this September! Who’s joining us to take the Windy City by storm?
- Re-visit old favorites: In addition to Chicago, we’re also returning to New England, Dallas/Fort Worth and San Diego. These spots are 3-Day favorites and we can’t wait to visit them again!
- Tons of fun: We promise! The 3-Day is a long journey, but it is definitely a fun one that you will never forget.
- Get those steps in: Lots of people make a wellness goal for the new year, and the 3-Day is the perfect way to keep those resolutions. We have organized training walks and an easy app to help!
- Make new friends: Join a new team or expand your existing one! If you’ve walked alone before, talk with the 3-Day coaches about how to find or build a team. The 3-Day welcomes one and all!
- Hotel relaxation: If you didn’t love the idea of camping outdoors, that doesn’t have to keep you from joining the 3-Day anymore. Our New England, Chicago and Dallas/Fort Worth 3-Days all have hotel camps for a whole new level of relaxation!
- Tasty treats: Hello, Grahamwiches! We love you, mac n’ cheese! And cheese sticks and fruit and chips and rice krispies and all kinds of deliciousness! Nothing motivates people quite like snacks.
- The 3-Day coaches: We really couldn’t do it without them! Your coaches are your cheerleaders and reference books, trainers, fundraising support group, and more!
- Even the kids are doing it! And by “kids” we mean the amazing Youth Corps, who support walkers and crew throughout the whole 3-Day weekend. Their spirit and smiles alone will make the 3-Day your favorite weekend of the year.
- Test your limits (in a good way!): It’s important to remember the whole journey, not just the final destination. This walk will test you emotionally and physically, but also give you such a feeling of joy and excitement all along the way.
- It’s #trending: Our Instagram and Facebook communities are their own special corners of the social media universe, full of fun and inspiration. They’ll keep the 3-Day spirit alive in your heart all year long.
- Dance parties: A whole weekend of them! Nothing warms the heart and spreads smiles like busting a move with your favorite people 😊 Start practicing with these tunes!
- A feeling of accomplishment: There truly is no feeling like crossing that 60-mile finish line and knowing that you have made an impact in the fight to end breast cancer. You have trained, fundraised, volunteered time and energy, and it all leads to that amazing moment.
- Serious inspiration: This experience is one of a kind! Hearing from our breast cancer survivor speakers, meeting those who have lost loved ones or been saved by Susan G. Komen funded research; all these experiences will leave you feeling motivated and inspired.
- Make a difference: The net proceeds raised by the 3‑Day help Susan G. Komen build a world free of breast cancer through research, community, care and action. They help fund education, screening and treatment, much of it in your local communities.
- You gain a new family: Being a part of the 3-Day makes you a part of our big, Pink Bubble family! You will become part of something larger than yourself and make a difference in the world.
- Discounted registration: You read that right! You can take $20 off your registration for the 3-Day 2020 NOW — no code needed — until January 30.
- You can do this! More than 500,000 participants have been a part of the 3-Day community over the years, including those living with metastatic breast cancer. Yes, walking 60 miles is hard, but it’s not as hard as breast cancer. Walk with us. You can do it.
- There is no time like today: Why put off to tomorrow what you could do today? If you have been thinking about joining the 3-Day or have seen walkers go by in your neighborhood for years, the time to join them is NOW. Don’t forget to sign up before January 30 for $20 off registration…and the start of your best year EVER.
What is your reason to commit to the 3-Day this year? Tell us in the comments!