The Seattle 3-Day is tomorrow, and guess who’s excited? We all are! But your coaches, Gayla and Liz, plus your amazing Crew Coordinator Libby and Event Planner Ann, have all been counting down the days to this weekend for a whole year. They can’t wait to welcome walkers, crew and 3-Day supporters of all kinds to Seattle! Before we kick off the weekend though, the Seattle team is here to share their favorite tips and advice, brag about each other and get you pumped for your 60-mile journey.
First, meet your coaches!
Libby explains that “This is the first time that all of us have worked together as a team, but you would never know it. We really complement each other and make an amazing team!”
- Coach Liz and Coach Gayla have been coaches together since 2014, and Liz has taken over all donation and website questions. Gayla praises her kindness, intelligence and restaurant picks!
- Libby brings “lots of smiles and laughs,” according to Gayla, and “when it comes to all things crew, she knows her stuff!” Coach Gayla also loves that Libby is always ready to help with any task that needs doing.
- Gayla herself is “fast moving, a fast talker, gets things done and loves life! The best coach to partner with!” according to Liz. Libby praises her contagious “passion and concern for every single participant.”
- Ann and Libby have been a team for a while, and Libby says Ann is “funny, with an infectious laugh. She is calm and collected and just a joy to be around!” It helps that she is a wine expert and a true “dynamo,” according to Liz.
Libby sums it up best when she says, “Working with this team has been a welcome addition to my roster and I can’t wait to continue our work together!”
That work will culminate with the 3-Day this weekend, and there is a lot to be excited about…
- Ann can’t wait to hear feedback on the new route for Day One, which she thinks will be a welcome change for walkers!
- That day includes one of Liz’s favorite spots: Lunch at Downtown Bellevue Park, which is so pretty and calming.
- Gayla loves “The Bra Boat that always putted along beside the I-90 Trail bridge – I hope they see us on the 520 Trail bridge this year!”
- Woodland Rose Park is a team favorite all around.
- And of course, we can’t forget Gasworks Park!
- Right after Gasworks is downtown Seattle, and all the “sights, sounds and people watching at Pike Place Market.” This is another one of Coach Gayla’s favorites because “there’s nothing like that where I’m from in Dallas Cowboys country 😉”
- Overall, don’t miss a minute! Libby says she can’t pick a favorite because the route is just that good 😊 “I like it all! Seattle is such a beautiful place and we are seeing a lot of its beauty in our 60 miles.”
Aside from the route, the whole team is pumped to welcome the walkers and crew they have been speaking to and working with all year long. And don’t forget about the community support, too! Gayla can’t wait for 3-Dayers to see the private cheering stations and mobile cheer squad groups that will be supporting walkers throughout the 60-mile journey.
That’s what the 3-Day is about after all! “Camaraderie, community and healing” – per Coach Liz. All our coaching team is ready to bring together the 3-Day family on the West Coast and have a weekend of More Than Pink fun.
Coach Liz says, “Seattle has everything: water views, city, woods, hills. It is simply amazing!”
And so are your coaches…
“The Seattle market has some of the most veteran and loyal 3-Day coaches around,” promises Coach Gayla. “We live and love the 3-Day and with so many years of 3-Day participant and coaching experience, we hope that this year you will have as much fun as we will!”