In September, we will be walking in the Seattle 3-Day! As fall approaches, it’s the perfect time to get in some final fundraising for your fall 3-Day, or even get a jump start on your 2018 fundraising! Luckily, we have plenty of ideas to help you get started.
First, make sure you are encouraging your donors to send you mail and sweet treats if your 3-Day is this month! They can also come cheer you on along the route! All the needed information can be found in the Spectator Info section on our website, listed here for the next two events:
September is Better Breakfast Month and Self Improvement Month, which are great for training and fundraising ideas:
- In honor of Self Improvement Month, look at what goals you have for September. Whether that includes goals for the 3-Day, or otherwise! Write down your goals for miles walked or dollars raised or local events attended and stick to it. Writing goals down can be a helpful reminder not to miss a walk or send out another round of letters!
- In honor of Better Breakfast Month, get your team together for an early morning weekend walk, and then host them for a fun breakfast afterwards! Or, make easy on-the-go breakfast packs to give to donors when they hit a certain dollar amount. It was help them start the day on the sunny side.
There are some workshops happening this month. You can find the complete list on our website here. We will also be calling out more local events on our Facebook page, so keep an eye out. Also, don’t forget to follow your local coaches’ page for more information and inspiration!
Other key days this month include:
- September 10: Swap Ideas Day: Fundraising is an ongoing effort, and sometimes a little creativity can help! Talk to your teammates, post on the 3-Day message boards, or ask you coaches for new ideas. We also have 101 Fundraising Ideas on our website!
- September 13: Fortune Cookie Day: We hope your fortunes are always sunny and bright – and you can share the same wish with your donors! Fortune Cookies are easy to get from your local Chinese restaurant, so attach your own “3-Day Fortune” with inspiring quotes to the cookies, and drop them with your donors as a thank you! Need ideas? Check out our Inspiration Page for quotes, statistics and fun images.
- September 17: National Women’s Friendship Day: You love your friends and they love you! They’re the family you choose, so reach out and remind them about your fundraising goals for this year and even next. You could get your next big donation, or even recruit a pal to walk with you on your 60-mile journey.
- September 21: World Gratitude Day: “Thank you” are words you can never say enough, especially to your donors. They support you before you even attend the Opening Ceremony, and help us raise such important funds towards research and local efforts by Susan G. Komen. Remind them how important their donations are on World Gratitude Day! Thank those who have already donated, and share with those who haven’t yet, just how far their donation can go.
- September 28: National Good Neighbor Day: Be a good neighbor, and help raise money for your 3-Day walk! Offer your services near your home for chores like mowing the lawn, raking leaves, cleaning windows etc. for donations. Don’t forget to wear your 3-Day pink while you work to spread awareness!
Also, make sure to join our 3-Day Social Stars! This is an easy-to-join group that’s part of our social media community, where you can earn prizes for interacting with the 3-Day on social media. Talk, connect, and share with us! You can also pick up good fundraising ideas from your fellow 3-Dayers.
Are you walking in our Seattle 3-Day? What are your fundraising and training goals for September?