Spring has sprung, and the Susan G. Komen 3-Day® coaches have been busy hosting loads of Get Started Meetings, Meet-ups, Walk & Talks, Training Kick-Off Events and more. Take a peek below to see where our Komen 3-Day family was in April.
- Michigan 3-Day walkers and crew captains gathered at the New Balance store in Farmington Hills for a sunny Training Kick-off Event.
- New and returning Twin Cities 3-Day team captains met up in early April. Lots of 3-Day tips and tricks were discussed, new friendships were made and training walks were scheduled.
- Coach Stephanie welcomed a fabulous group of new Twin Cities walkers. Right away, everyone exchanged email addresses and phone numbers so that they could start training together.
- The Seattle 3-Day community also jumped into training with its Training Kick-Off Event.
- Team members from the Breastketeers were on hand for a Meet-a-Team/Shoe Clinic/training walk.
- Take me out to the ball game! Seattle Mariners fans braved the cold for an awesome 3-Day “night at the game.”
- Philadelphia walkers, crew members and kids hit the pavement with a sunny Training Kick-Off Event in Cherry Hill, NJ. The event included a 4-mile training walk, a workshop with information about what to pack and how to protect your body while walking, an inspirational presentation by the Philadelphia Komen Affiliate and New Balance (official training partner of the 3-Day) giving advice on footwear, apparel and accessories.
- Welcome, Atlanta walkers! These folks celebrated being on their way at a Get Started Meeting.
- Coach Tara met up with some smiling 3-Dayers for a fun Walk & Talk in Stone Mountain (the site of the Atlanta 3-Day Opening Ceremony this year).
- A little rain couldn’t keep these walkers (led by Team Independent Captain Melissa L.) from getting in a training walk and an adorable selfie.
- Coach Gayla met up with a couple of veteran walkers and a couple of newbies for a friendly Walk & Talk.
- Some survivors brought their biggest fans to a Fort Worth meeting. Future walkers, for sure!
- The San Diego 3-Day isn’t until November, but that didn’t stop these fabulous walkers from meeting for a Walk & Talk with Coach Kim.
- Walkers and crew members gathered for a Pink Party, and team members of the Hula Hooters and Viva Las Boobies didn’t hesitate to show their 3-Day spirit.
- San Diego 3-Day Coach Kim ventured up the California coast for a reunion of 3-Day participants who live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Many of these folks are traveling to other 3-Day cities to participate this year, including Jim H. (center back), who is walking in all seven 3-Day events!
Haven’t made it to a 3-Day meet-up yet? There are still dozens of events happening in May, so it’s not too late. Check out the calendar of events at The3Day.org/calendar.