Hey Michigan—are you ready? With just one week to go until our first 3-Day of 2019, we’re preparing to give you the best 3-Day experience, which will be led by your amazing Michigan 3-Day coaching team. Get to know these rock star women who will be guiding your sixty miles of greatness!
First, meet your newest Michigan guide, Coach Jen! Fellow Coach Gina describes her as kind, patient and says that “her passion for the 3-Day shines as she works with the participants.”
Coach Heather echoes that sentiment and “can’t wait for Jen to see how amazing the Michigan 3-Day community is!”
Coaches Heather and Gina know the fantastic Midwestern community well, and you might remember them from last year 😊. Gina says that Heather is the “heart of this 3-Day. She gives 1000% to make sure our walkers are supported, loved and successful in their 3-Day journey.”
But we can’t forget Coach Gina herself! Coach Jen says Gina has been a wonderful guide for her first Michigan 3-Day.
“With so much experience on the Michigan 3-Day, Gina fills our crew members with knowledge, embodies the kindness that she asks of them and just puts a smile on everyone’s face.”
These are your coaches for the 3-Day weekend in Michigan, and they can’t wait to welcome you with the same love and support they have been sharing with each other (and all of you) for the last year.
But what can you expect from the Michigan 3-Day?
Lots of fun new updates, including a hotel campsite.
Coach Gina is especially excited for the hotel camp, saying, “Change can be exciting, and I look forward to seeing how our new ‘campsite’ adds to the already amazing spirit of the Michigan 3-Day!”
The hotel camp has LOTS to look forward to, including:
- A comfy bed with fluffy pillows
- Air conditioning (key with the Michigan summer heat!)
- A LONG hot shower
- A bit of night-time TV viewing (recommended by Coach Jen for relaxation!)
But those aren’t the only things that Michigan walkers will love. There are a few spots that Coach Jen wants everyone to keep an eye out for on the route too…
- On Day 1, I look forward to walking by the Novi Senior Center where all the residents came out last year to cheer on our walkers. Everyone had so much fun! We’re expecting the same this year.
- On Day 2, my favorite spot has got to be the Plymouth Town Square, where there will be a little extra pink in honor of our 3-Day walkers. All of the Saturday morning hustle bustle around Kellogg Park always makes Coach Heather smile, too.
- Coach Heather also loves the awesome residents who come on out to North York Street on Day 3, and really “bring it!”
- On the last day, Coach Jen looks forward to walking into Closing Ceremony at Ford World Headquarters. It will be pretty special this year because we will celebrate not only our accomplishments on the 2019 Michigan 3-Day, but all the success we’ve had over the years fundraising and generating awareness in the fight to end breast cancer!
These coaches know better than anyone how much work all our 3-Day participants put into the Michigan weekend, and they can’t wait to celebrate all your achievements.
Coach Gina says it perfectly.
“After 15 years and countless events, my 3-Day ‘why’ became much more personal over the past couple years and has renewed my energy in this fight. My own breast cancer battle brought surgeries, chemo, radiation, and my life is forever changed.
I am blessed because I had my 3-Day community by my side, and they lifted me up when I needed it most and got me to THIS moment. The 3-Day to me is a family; a family bound together by their passion, enthusiasm and drive to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer.”
Your Michigan coaches count each other, and all of you, as part of their 3-Day family. And they are so hopeful that you will enjoy and make the most of this weekend.
If you need some last minute 3-Day tips, they have you covered there too.
- Coach Heather says to drink LOTS of water…but also make sure to appreciate every moment with your friends and 3-Day family throughout the weekend.
- Coach Jen says that if you haven’t yet met Michigan 3-Day walker George Nummer, this weekend is your perfect chance! She encourages participants to introduce themselves and spend a few minutes talking with him on event! He is such an inspiration and will participate in all seven 3-Day events this year.
- Coach Gina brings it home again, reminding everyone to “Savor the moments. Every step, each interaction. As the saying goes, ‘It’s the little moments that make life big.’”
Here’s to a BIG weekend in Michigan with our 3-Day family! The coaches can’t wait for you…Let’s go