First things first, we see all of you training (thank you for posting all your fun training walk pics on our Facebook groups!), and we are so proud of you! Every step you take both at the 3-Day and leading up to the event is pivotal in the fight against breast cancer. Not only are 3-Day training walks important to prepare your body for 60, 40 or 20 miles, but they also serve as a sneak peek into the beloved Pink Bubble! As you may know, in addition to the incredible community, one of the best parts of the Pink Bubble is the head-turning outfits that walkers put together for the event. The boundaries of Pink Bubble fashion are pushed every year and we can’t wait to see what you put together for 2023. That said, let’s kick things up a notch and add some fun themes and costumes to your training walks as you prepare for the 3-Day and spread awareness. Be sure to train in the clothing and equipment you plan to use at the event so you can get a feel for what it will be like walking in it. Keep reading for some of our favorite themes to truly transform your 2023 training walks.
- Think Pink: If 3-Day attire could be described in one word, that word would be PINK! Gather as much pink as you can find and remember that there’s no such thing as overdoing it. We’re envisioning a head-to-toe Barbie dream moment.
- Tie-Dye: Whether you already have a masterpiece in your closet or want to have some fun making a brand-new pink psychedelic swirl, tie dye is a simple way to level up any outfit. Try out some new shapes or stick with the classic tie-dye design; the sky’s the limit.
- Pick a Decade: Maybe you have a shirt from the 80’s sitting in your closet, or you just have a special appreciation for the 1920s. Regardless of what decade speaks to you, go all out and transform yourself to what you imagine a walker of that time would wear.
- Crazy Hair: Regardless of trends, one thing is always in style at the 3-Day and that’s fun hair! Wigs, hair paint, glitter, hair clips, wacky hairdos, and more are a pivotal part of the Pink Bubble. Rock some out-of-the-box locks on your next training walk and you’re sure to pull focus throughout your community.
- Sparkle Away: Catch the light and attention as you walk in the most sparkly outfit you’ve got! Sequins, glitter, metallics, you name it! Get your friends to join in on the fun and shine bright like a diamond on your next walk.
- Go Team: Put on your favorite sports jersey and rep the team you’re always rooting for. Maybe it’s a professional basketball player or your old soccer jersey. Either way, it’ll give you that extra power you’ve been looking for.
- Holiday Cheer: Pick your favorite holiday, no matter the season, and go all out. From reindeer antlers to spooky socks, gather up your favorite holiday gear and spread joy around your community with each step. Stick to one holiday or combine a bunch to create the most festive outfit you’ve got!
- Mismatched Mayhem: Put together an outfit that you wouldn’t normally wear. Combine the boldest patterns and colors in your closet to really make a statement as you strut in style. Go for plaid, neon, polka dots, chevron, and anything else you that can find; the more striking the better!
- Beloved Bras: A group of walkers wearing bras atop their clothing is bound to capture the spotlight. Whether fastened over your shirt, as a hat or however else you can think to fashion it, have fun with a bra-themed training walk and spark conversation wherever you wander.
With the 3-Day just around the corner, a themed training walk is a fantastic way to spread joy throughout your community. Whether you rock a pink wig or jingle all the way around town, the opportunities for a statement outfit are endless. Whatever theme you may choose, we know you’ll look great strutting in style. You may even encourage interactions with unsuspecting supporters. Each new curious passerby could become one of your new donors. Be sure to print out a bunch of fundraising and information cards (grab yours at The3Day.org/Cards) to hand out to people who ask about your amazing ensemble.
Do you have a go-to training walk theme or something you have been itching to try? Share it with us in the comments below.
PLEASE NOTE: THE HEALTH, SAFETY AND TRAINING INFORMATION PROVIDED TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE 3-DAY IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE OR BE CONSTRUED AS MEDICAL ADVICE AND ANY SUCH INFORMATION IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR SEEKING MEDICAL ADVICE OR TREATMENT FROM YOUR MEDICAL PROVIDER. BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAM OR FOLLOWING ANY RECOMMENDATIONS, ADVICE OR OTHER INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING TRAINING FOR THE KOMEN 3-DAY OR ANY ATHLETIC EVENT, YOU SHOULD FIRST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN AND HAVE A PHYSICAL EXAMINATION.