Right now, all over the country, 3-Day participants are busy recruiting friends and family members to their teams. We’ve shared some great tips in other blog posts (here, here and here) about how to talk someone into walking with you, but for today, we’re offering a few short easy phrases that might just be the perfect thing to say. Try some of them or all of them on the person you want to walk with you!
- “Our team would be so much more fabulous with you on it!”
- “Talking with you is one of my favorite things to do, and I would love 3 solid, uninterrupted days of it.”
- “Please. Pretty please!”
- “Have I told you how great you look in pink?”
- “It would mean so much to me if you were by my side.”
- “I promise to give you foot massages whenever you need them.”
- “We are going to have an insane amount of fun.”
- “I’ll help you with fundraising and training. You won’t be alone!”
- “There’s no one else I’d rather share a tiny pink tent with.”
- “I want us to walk together in honor of [someone you both know who has been affected by breast cancer].”
- “Your plane ticket won’t cost you anything!”*
- “The 3-Day will change your life. I promise.”
What else could you say? If you’ve been successful with building your team, tell us what recruitment strategies worked for you!
*That’s right! First-time walkers who sign up for the 3-Day by March 24 with the code BYB16 will receive a free plane ticket to travel to their 3-Day destination. Details can be found at The3Day.org/Bestie