July marks the one month countdown to our first 3-Days of 2017! That means it is the final weeks of fundraising for many of our 3-Dayers, and we have fun ideas you won’t want to miss.
There are lots of fun events and training workshops happening in July, and with the Michigan, Twin Cities and Philadelphia 3-Days coming up in August, it’s the perfect time to kick your fundraising and training into high gear.
June is National Picnic Month and Anti-Boredom Month, among others, and there are plenty of fun ways to use those holidays to your advantage:
- In honor of Anti-Boredom Month, change up your fundraising efforts with a new project, updated letter format, or a fun new event! We have tons of fundraising ideas on our Pinterest page and website so you’ll never run out of inspiration.
- You can also stave off boredom by taking longer training walks, fueled by our Spotify playlists!
- In addition to being National Picnic Month, it’s also National Blueberry, Hot Dog and Ice Cream Months! Talk about delicious! Use this inspiration to host a backyard picnic with offerings like a Hot Dog Bar or Ice Cream Sundae Bar with lots of creative and tasty toppings. Ask for donations from friends, family and neighbors to attend, and you’ll be surprised how quickly your fundraising grows.
There are plenty of Walk & Talks, Get Trained Workshops and Training Kick-Offs happening this month. Some of these events are highlighted in the calendar above, but you can find the complete list on our website here. We will also be calling out more local events on our Facebook page, so keep an eye out.
In addition, make sure to follow the Facebook pages of your local coaches! They are great resources for fundraising ideas, training tips, and will also be promoting the events in their cities.
Other key days this month include:
- July 7: Chocolate Day: Celebrate Chocolate Day by reminding potential donors that it would be really “sweet” of them to help you in your fight against breast cancer with a donation to the 3-Day. You can also tell your donors to keep an eye out for dates to send you a Sweet Treat on the 3-Day! In the month of July, supporters will be able to send their 3-Dayers sweet treats to the Michigan 3-Day starting on July 10th. Twin Cities Sweet Treats can be sent starting on July 20th, and Philadelphia’s Sweet Treats can be sent starting on July 27th.
- July 21: Junk Food Day: Head to a dollar store or bulk buy retailer and stock up on lots of fun junk food! Then offer to deliver “snack packs” to people who donate a certain amount to your cause! You will see your fundraising numbers rise, and your donors will receive a tasty meal in return.
- July 26: All or Nothing Day: We are all in to support you on your 3-Day cause! Schedule longer training walk on All or Nothing Day, then have friends and family sponsor your steps. It’s a great way to combine training and fundraising!
- July 31: International Day of Friendship: Fundraise with a friend on this holiday! It will make your efforts more fun, and twice as profitable! Go canning together, ask for donations in each of your neighborhoods, or just block out time to write and send donor letters together.
Also, make sure to join our 3-Day Social Stars! This is an easy-to-join group that’s part of our social media community, where you can earn prizes for interacting with the 3-Day on social media. Talk, connect, and share with us!
What 3-Days are you walking in this year, and what are your fundraising and training goals for July?