We’re back from the Labor Day weekend with a burst of excitement…because we’re heading to the East Coast for the New England 3-Day, which starts tomorrow! We have an amazing route planned for 3 days of fun and family, and no one is more excited to welcome you to the Pink Bubble than your New England 3-Day Coaches! If you haven’t met them yet, you soon will. But before we all pack our bags, we wanted to introduce you to the team who has been preparing for this weekend for more than a year.
Get ready to meet Coaches Tisho, Sharyn and Gina, along with our Event Production Manager Meredith!
Meredith, who created our amazing route, “is dedicated to her job and her responsibilities like no one else” Coach Sharyn knows, because they used to volunteer together at Get Started Meetings.
That may be because Coach Sharyn has been a long-time 3-Day advocate and inspiration. She is “passionate about this cause and truly invested in the spirit of the 3-Day,” according to Coach Gina. Coach Sharyn is a newer addition to the team, but Coach Gina loves how Sharyn “ensures our walkers know her personally and enjoy every step of the 3-Day.”
Gina knows just how much the personal touch can make a difference. As a breast cancer survivor, she is the epitome of dedication, and Coach Tisho says she also “has this amazing strength and resiliency that you don’t immediately expect from that sweet smile.” Coach Gina works tirelessly with our Crew and volunteers to bring all kinds of spirit to our new 3-Day location.
Philly walkers will know full well how Coach Tisho knows her job inside and out. She helps walkers, and her fellow coaches like Sharyn, to “answer the tough questions and is always perfectly professional in her responses.” Plus, she “gives her all (and then some!) to make sure our walkers are supported, loved and successful in their 3-Day journey,” according to Coach Gina.
You could not ask for a more dedicated and excited group of women to support you during your 60-mile weekend. And what a weekend it will be! There is so much to look forward to on the New England 3-Day route, and the coaches have their favorite spots:
- Seeing every part of the city of Boston. From heading north to Bunker Hill, west to Cambridge & Newton, south to Jamaica Plain and east towards Castle Island! We will take you through the whole community!
- The Cambridge Graffiti Wall is the only place in the greater Boston area where graffiti artists can paint without fear of being arrested. Not only is the art interesting but the alley itself with its beautifully colored roof is just visually stunning.
- The Boston Public Gardens with all the natural beauty and the Swan Boats.
- The historic sites in the Charlestown community.
- The Seaport District. We get to walk along waterfront for parts of all three days!
- The Lawn on D, where our Finish Line Festival takes place, is a super cool venue that just invites celebration and fun!
You can also look forward to experiencing our hotel camp, and new camp programs. Coach Tisho can’t wait for some of her past Philadelphia walkers to be a part of the hotel experience again. She recommends really relishing in all the amenities that our host hotels have to offer.
In addition to that, all of your coaches really want everyone to take their time and enjoy the whole 3-Day weekend. When we asked them to share advice for participants, they all said almost the same thing:
- “Don’t just rush through your day and the task” ahead, whether that’s walking, setting up a pit stop, handing out legacy pins in camp or victory shirts at the Finish Line Festival. These are three days you will never get back and they are magical. Take time to really look around at all that is happening and the incredible impact we are making.” – Coach Tisho
- “Savor the moments, every step, each interaction, because as the saying goes, ‘It’s the little moments that make life big.’” – Coach Gina
- “Don’t hurry through the day. Enjoy the people you meet along the way. Ask questions of the solo walkers you find yourself beside and ask them their story and always, always approach a stranger with a smile!” – Coach Sharyn
Thanks to your coaches, you’ll be able to enjoy and celebrate our return to New England with an amazing weekend of 3-Day fun. What are you most looking forward to for this weekend? Tell us in the comments! It will be here before you know it!