When you sign up to walk in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day®, you commit to raising at least $2,300 in donations, which is no small task. That’s why we set you up for success right from the minute you click “Register.” Your Participant Center on the Komen 3-Day website is packed with fundraising tips and resources but sadly, many walkers never really scratch the surface of the tools that are available. But it’s never too late, people! Get over to the 3-Day® website and put these fundraising tools to work for you.
- Your Personal Page – Every 3-Day participant gets their own personal fundraising page on the 3-Day website, from the moment you register. It’s in a generic default template at the start, but you can personalize it with your own words and photos, allowing your donors to connect to you and your story when they click through to your page. Connecting with you will connect them to your cause and make them more likely to donate.
- Your Personal URL – Personalize your web address to point donors directly to your fundraising page. This one is so important, we gave it its own blog post.
- Business Cards – When you registered to walk in the 3-Day, we sent you a starter set of personalized business cards, but you can print more from your Participant Center at any time. These are a super convenient way to easily get your donation info into the hands of a potential donor. Get to them quickly with our handy direct link, The3Day.org/Cards.
- Matching Gifts – There are hundreds of companies nationwide that offer to match the donations that their employees make to charitable organizations, including the 3-Day. If you ask a friend or family member for a donation, be sure to also ask them if their company matches. It’s one of the easiest and most underused fundraising tools that we have. Read more at The3Day.org/Matching.
- Monthly Recurring Gifts – Did you know that donors can break up their donations into multiple monthly payments (up to 4) instead of paying all at once? Remind your donors of this opportunity, especially when you’re asking big: $100 broken up into 4 payments of $25 is a more feasible and appealing option to many donors than making that large donation all at once.
And the bonus resource, of course, is your 3-Day coach, who is available at 800-996-3DAY to answer your questions, brainstorm creative fundraising ideas and get you on your way to reaching your goals. Our website introduces all of the coaches at The3Day.org/Coaches.