High five, 3-Dayers! Today is National High Five Day, and while high fives happen all the time on the 3-Day, we don’t always spread that kind of love and support daily. But why shouldn’t we? Why shouldn’t that feeling of the 3-Day Bubble be one we spread every single day? It should be! So, in the spirit of 3-Day high fives and smiles, we are sharing five simple ways to make someone’s day better today.
- Write someone an actual letter: No, not an email. Not a text or a call. Write a note on paper and mail it with a stamp. Snail mail is slowly (and sadly) becoming a thing of the past, so it’s even more exciting to get mail nowadays. Bonus points if you want to throw a 3-Day fundraising or teambuilding message in there too. 😉
- Send coffee (or wine): Thanks to e-gift cards or money transfer apps, you can send a sweet gift to your friends and family, even from a distance. Or bring it over in person! Take a break from your phones and computer, and just enjoy time together. Then, high five it out and get back to that to do list with renewed enthusiasm! It’s all about taking time to celebrate those little wins. 😊
- Ask them to join you for a walk! Aside from being a great way to recruit people to your 3-Day team (hint hint), this is just a great idea now that spring is here. Getting outside is always a nice change of pace, and it will allow you and your friends to spend quality time together. Feel free to high five strangers that you pass on the trail or street, too!
- Volunteer: Pick your favorite local charity and give your time! Maybe it’s your local Susan G. Komen Affiliate or another nonprofit in your hometown. No effort is too small! You’ll be doing good for a whole lot of people and making that difference won’t cost you a dime. The more good we do, the more that good will spread.
- Give someone an actual high five: This one should be super simple…and super obvious for this holiday! People don’t give high fives enough anymore and we are trying to bring back this simple show of support. High fives are exchanged left and right on the 3-Day, and it’s something our walkers and Crew bring up frequently. They miss all those high fives and cheers when they’re back at work on Monday! So, spread some cheer and give a high five today. 😊
How do you show support in your day-to-day life? Has someone done something kind for you lately? Tell us in the comments! We want to keep that feeling of the 3-Day Bubble going all year long!