There’s nothing nutty about loving peanut butter. Our 3-Day favorites are obviously Grahamwiches, but you can go all out with a wide range of sweet and salty treats. Plus, March is National Peanut Butter Month, so it’s the perfect time to embrace this favorite protein-rich ingredient for your training walk snacks, a mid-afternoon boost, or even as a fundraising snack for your team bake sale.
If you’re not super skilled in the kitchen, these 3-ingredient bars are the way to go. All you need is rolled oats, peanut butter and honey, and you’ll be set! They’re also a great meal-prep option you can make on Sunday, and then snack on all week long.
Have food allergies, or are you looking to work some healthier options onto your “dessert” menu? These cookies are made with vegan, gluten-free, dairy free and whole grain ingredients. Plus, they’re tasty! It’s a win-win you can have with your morning coffee, or while watching your guilty pleasure on TV after work.
Eat this version with crackers, apples, carrots, celery, or just by the spoonful. It’s packed with protein so it will fill you up, and is made with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
These are all sweet ways to celebrate National Peanut Butter Month! Or keep it simple, with these no-cook ideas like:
- Make the summer camp classic of “Ants on a Log,” by cutting a banana or celery in half lengthwise, spreading peanut butter on each flat side, and topping with a sprinkle of raisins.
- Pair your peanut butter with other fruits and veggies like apples, carrots, and celery for an easy mid-afternoon snack.
- Give yourself a throwback to Parent Trap and dip Oreos in peanut butter for the ultimate dessert.
- Slice a banana in half, put it in the freezer overnight, then spread a little peanut butter between your frozen banana slices. Add some Nutella for an extra indulgence.
- Last but never least, sandwich your peanut butter between two graham crackers, then add a little bit of jelly, and you’ll have your very own Grahamwich!
PLEASE NOTE: THE HEALTH, SAFETY AND TRAINING INFORMATION PROVIDED TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SUSAN G. KOMEN 3-DAY IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE OR BE CONSTRUED AS MEDICAL ADVICE AND ANY SUCH INFORMATION IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR SEEKING MEDICAL ADVICE OR TREATMENT FROM YOUR MEDICAL PROVIDER. BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAM OR FOLLOWING ANY RECOMMENDATIONS, ADVICE OR OTHER INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING TRAINING FOR THE KOMEN 3-DAY OR ANY ATHLETIC EVENT, YOU SHOULD FIRST CONSULT A PHYSICIAN AND HAVE A PHYSICAL EXAMINATION.