With less than two months to go until the first 3-Day of the season, we wanted to get everyone virtually together to chat about fundraising and training. Join us on Monday, June 13 at 5:30 p.m. PST (that’s 7:30 p.m. CT, 6:30 p.m. MT, and 8:30 p.m. EST) for an hour-long tweet chat all about fundraising tips, tricks, and training suggestions to make your 60 miles amazing.
Can you help us spread the word? Even if you can’t join us (darn! We’ll post on the blog after with some of our favorite tweets), we’d love your help letting other 3-Day participants know. You can click here to tweet, or copy and paste this into Twitter or Facebook:
Join us on Mon. 6/13 at 5:30 pm PST for a 3-Day Tweet Chat all about fundraising and training! Learn more here: http://bit.ly/1X2Ke6H
Never done a Tweet Chat before? That’s okay! Some people call them Twitter Parties or Twitter Meet-Ups, but whatever the name, it works like this:
- Sign on to Twitter at 5:30 p.m. PDT (or a few minutes before).
- Make sure you’re following @The3Day on Twitter.
- On Twitter, search for #The3Day, which is the official hashtag we will use for this Tweet Chat.
- You can also use the website TweetChat.com. Sign in, enter the hashtag #The3Day, and you’ll be able to watch and tweet in real-time with us.
- We’ll ask some questions to get things started, and we will also share tips and tricks from 3-Day veterans and coaches. This will be a great way to meet your fellow 3-Day participants, ask your questions, and motivate yourself to get ready for your 3-Day adventure. Our 3-Day Social Media Team, Alyssa and Erin, can’t wait to tweet with you!
Not on Twitter yet? Here are a few quick tips to get you started:
- It’s free and easy to join at Twitter.com.
- Go to Twitter.com/The3Day and click “Follow” to make sure our messages show up in your feed .
- A hashtag is a way to “file” tweets and collect them under a certain topic, so you’ll be able to see everything everyone is tweeting under this hashtag. Just search for #the3day in Twitter and you’ll be able to see everyone’s messages about the 3-Day, not just ours.
- When writing your own messages, keep in mind that tweets can only be 140 characters at a time, so it’s best to keep things short n’ sweet.
You must be logged in to post a comment.