The very first Susan G. Komen 3-Day® of the year is rapidly approaching, and we’d love to hang out with you on Twitter and chat about packing. What should you bring to the Komen 3-Day? What should you leave at home? Seasoned 3-Day walkers know there are a few secrets to success for packing (like the magic of Ziploc bags!), so let’s share our best tips and strategies for packing your gear (and sticking within that 35-pound limit).
Join us on Tuesday, August 5 at 6:00 p.m. PDT (9:00 p.m. EDT, and 8:00 p.m. CT) for a Tweet Chat all about packing. Never done a Tweet Chat before? That’s okay! Some people call them Twitter Parties or Twitter Meet-Ups, but whatever the name, it works like this:
- Sign on to Twitter at 6:00 p.m. PDT (or a few minutes before).
- Make sure you’re following @The3Day on Twitter.
- On Twitter, search for #The3Day, which is the official hashtag we will use for this Tweet Chat.
- You can also use the website com. Sign in, enter the hashtag #The3Day, and you’ll be able to watch and tweet in real-time with us.
- We’ll ask some questions to get things started, and we will also share tips and tricks from 3-Day veterans and coaches. This will be a great way to meet your fellow 3-Day participants, ask your questions, and motivate yourself to keep your training on track. Our 3-Day Social Media Team, Alyssa and Erin, can’t wait to tweet with you!
Not on Twitter yet? Here are a few quick tips to get you started:
- It’s free and easy to join at com.
- Go to twitter.com/the3day and click “Follow” to make sure our messages show up in your feed.
- A hashtag is a way to “file” tweets and collect them under a certain topic, so you’ll be able to see everything everyone is tweeting under this hashtag. Just search for #the3day in Twitter and you’ll be able to see everyone’s messages about the 3-Day, not just ours.
- When writing your own messages, keep in mind that tweets can only be 140 characters at a time, so it’s best to keep things short n’ sweet.
If you can’t make this Tweet Chat, you can always search #The3Day on Twitter to see all of the tweets that came from this Tweet Chat. Do you have any questions? Ask here, and remember, the 3-Day coaches are only a phone call away at 800-996-3DAY!