Can you believe it’s already 2015? Join us for the first Susan G. Komen 3-Day® tweet chat of 2015 on Thursday, January 29 at 5:00 p.m. PDT (7:00 p.m. CT, and 8:00 p.m. EST). We’ll be talking about making a new commitment to the Komen 3-Day in 2015, and hearing all about your 2014 3-Day experiences. (If you’re new to the 3-Day – welcome! We’ll also share some of our favorite fundraising tips.)
Never done a Tweet Chat before? That’s okay! Some people call them Twitter Parties or Twitter Meet-Ups, but whatever the name, it works like this:
- Sign on to Twitter at 5:00 p.m. PDT (or a few minutes before).
- Make sure you’re following @The3Day on Twitter.
- On Twitter, search for #The3Day, which is the official hashtag we will use for this Tweet Chat.
- You can also use the website TweetChat.com. Sign in, enter the hashtag #The3Day, and you’ll be able to watch and tweet in real-time with us.
- We’ll ask some questions to get things started, and we will also share tips and tricks from 3-Day veterans and coaches. This will be a great way to meet your fellow 3-Day participants and ask questions. Our 3-Day Social Media Team, Alyssa and Erin, can’t wait to tweet with you!
Not on Twitter yet? Here are a few quick tips to get you started:
- It’s free and easy to join at Twitter.com.
- Go to twitter.com/the3day and click “Follow” to make sure our messages show up in your feed.
- A hashtag is a way to “file” tweets and collect them under a certain topic, so you’ll be able to see everything everyone is tweeting under this hashtag. Just search for #the3day in Twitter and you’ll be able to see everyone’s messages about the 3-Day, not just ours.
- When writing your own messages, keep in mind that tweets can only be 140 characters at a time, so it’s best to keep things short n’ sweet.
If you can’t make this Tweet Chat, you can always search #The3Day on Twitter to see all of the tweets that came from this Tweet Chat. Do you have any questions? Ask here, and remember, the 3-Day coaches are only a phone call away at 800-996-3DAY!
You must be logged in to post a comment.