Thanksgiving is this week, which means that the holiday season is upon us! Whether you’re waiting to hang the garlands until this weekend or have had the presents wrapped for weeks already, we know that the next few weeks will be one of celebration for many of our amazing 3-Dayers. And you deserve to celebrate! 2019 was another beautiful year on the 3-Day and you all deserve some much-needed relaxation and fun in December.
To help you make the most of the holiday season, we have some simple ideas that every 3-Dayer will enjoy. Use these to make the most of the next few weeks, or to carry on that holiday spirit into the new year…
- Sign up for the 3-Day: Don’t forget to register for the 2020 3-Day before December 5 to take advantage of the discount of the year! Right now, you can register for any of the 2020 3-Days for only $35 — no code needed! With a deal like this, you could even gift a registration to your friend or future teammate in addition to buying one for yourself.
- Re-live all your memories from 2019: All of the amazing photos from our 3-Day weekends are up on our Facebook page and blog, so if you’re looking for a last-minute holiday card photo, pull one from the 3-Day. Nothing will make you smile more than a trip down memory lane.
- Give someone a high five: We give them out all the time on the 3-Day, but high fives are an easy and effective way to spread love and support.
- Thank your donors: People love snail mail! In addition to any holiday cards you are planning to send out, don’t forget to send thank you cards to your donors. We so appreciate their support of our 3-Day family!
- Save your 2019 medal and credentials: Where do you keep your medals and credentials from years past? Add your 2019 mementos to the mix and share a photo of your accomplishments on social media!
- Update your training playlist: Colder weather means you need a hot new playlist! Or create a fun walking playlist with holiday tunes! You can use our Spotify for inspiration
- Start your fundraising. Next Tuesday, December 3, is Giving Tuesday, one of the biggest days of the year for non-profit fundraising. After Black Friday and Cyber Monday, your friends and family are in the giving mood, ready to open their wallet for a good cause. If you’re sending out holiday cards, include our holiday card inserts at The3Day.org/Holiday.
- Set up a Facebook Fundraiser: 3-Day participants who have a Facebook Fundraiser, on average, fundraise $500 more than participants without one. It’s a no-brainer to set yours up during the Giving Season between Thanksgiving and the end of the year. You can learn how to start yours on our blog.
- Sing a carol! Go Caroling Day is on December 20, and singing is such a fun way to spread holiday festivity! Need some inspiration? Don’t worry – our coaches have you covered!
- Reach out to your 3-Day coaches: Speaking of your coaches – Send them a little holiday love! They work so hard and deserve all the love and recognition in the world!
- Catch up on your reading: The 3-Day blog is always here for you and always an amazing resource for any questions or inspiration you might need. Cozy up away from the cold and catch up on your reading.
- Get outside (safely!) Just because it’s chilly, doesn’t mean you can’t keep up with your 3-Day training goals! Host a holiday-themed training walk and get festive while you get your steps in. 😊 Here are some tips for safe cool-weather training.
- Donate to a teammate: It’s the Season of Giving after all! Spread the love by sending your teammate a donation to kick off their 2020 fundraising.
- Spread the 3-Day joy on social media: The quickest way to spread holiday cheer is by spreading smiles far and near! Tag us in your photos or use #The3Day to share the Pink Bubble joy.
- Send a holiday card: Not a fundraising letter. Not a thank you card. You can send those too, of course! But sometimes sending a little bit of love for no reason at all means the world.
- Spend time with your favorite people: 3-Day teammates. Your favorite walking buddies. Your family and friends. Surround yourself with love and wrap yourself in joy this holiday season. You deserve every minute of it. 😊
How are you making the most of this holiday season? Tell us in the comments or tag us on social media when you’re getting all festive this season with #The3Day