Throughout the 3-Day, from our route signs to our Bank of America Breakfast of Champions to our Closing Ceremony, we work hard to consistently honor everyone who reaches their fundraising goals. Every dollar you raise makes a huge difference in the fight against breast cancer and every dollar should be celebrated.
To deck you out in 3-Day gear, we have all new 3-Day Rewards in store for you as your reach certain fundraising milestones! What can you look forward to? Well, we have a whole lot of fun…
- There’s a 6-Pack of Shoelace Tags to add some extra pink fun to your kicks on event. You only have to raise $2,500 to earn these!
- If you fundraise $3,500, you’ll be awarded festive 3-Day socks that will spice up your next training outfit!
- A cool 3-Day visor will be yours when you fundraise $5,000 for the 3-Day! What better way to find some shade while you walk, but still leave room for a fun 3-Day hairstyle?
- When you hit the $7,500 mark, you’ll be rewarded with a 3-Day fleece blanket. It will keep you warm all fall and into the holidays!
- If you’re a real fundraising superstar and hit the $10,000 mark, you’ll receive a packable pullover! We know many of you travel for the 3-Day, and this jacket will be a lifesaver for you. It conveniently packs into its own zippered front pocket, it’s unisex and water-resistant, PLUS it has a hood with adjustable drawstring. It’s great for training walks and your 60-mile weekend.
- Aside from rewards for yearly fundraising, we also have rewards based on your lifetime fundraising efforts, including a 3-Day vest for when you raise $50,000 and a travel bag for when you raise $100,000 in your lifetime with the 3-Day. Keep working towards those big goals! Additionally, when you raise $100,000 or more or your team raises $1,000,000 or more, you will become a part of the Susan G. Komen Lifetime Commitment Circle and among other things will be forever-honored with your name or team name on the 3-Day recognition wall in Dallas, TX.
We hope this list adds some extra spark in your fundraising plans for the rest of the year and help to propel you towards whatever your fundraising goal is for the year!
If you haven’t yet, be sure to check out our 2019 3-Day Fundraising Handbook! It is chock full of all kinds of information, fundraising tips and tricks.
It will first walk you through setting your initial goal, and get you jump started with your fundraising outreach. Just getting started can be difficult for some people. Once you’re on a roll, it’s easier to think of fun new ideas or band together with your teammates for a fundraising event. But that first step can be tough. It’s all about the ask.
From helping you brainstorm a list of donors to providing advice from 3-Day mainstays like Coach Gayla, this handbook can be your guide through every step of the process. It also walks you through important support tools like your Participant Center, online fundraising page and our 3-Day app.
Not to mention, this handbook can be useful for your supporters as well! You can learn about the difference that Susan G. Komen is making in local communities. These facts are super helpful in crafting your fundraising letters, or to hand out at team building and fundraising events.
And that’s not even everything! If you’ve never read the Fundraising Handbook before, this should become your go-to as you continue fundraising for the 3-Day. It will help you reach your goals and put you on the path towards earning one of our amazing fundraising rewards as well.
Also, feel free to share your personal fundraising tips in the comments below! There is no such thing as too many ideas!