We are less then four months away from our first 3-Day of the year, and we have loved seeing all your training walk success so far! From maps of all the steps you’ve taken, to shared photos of you and your training teammates, our 3-Dayers are out and walking across the country.
So, let’s amp up that training walk fun! Nothing gets people pumped up and smiling like a good theme, and we have some unique ideas for you. Creative bras are a classic 3-Day outfit idea, but we have expanded on that to include themes that will have your team smiling through every step.
- Crazy Wigs or Hats: There are all kinds of hats and wigs on the 3-Day, so let’s start wearing them on our training walks as well! These are sure to attract attention as you walk along so be sure to print off fundraising and information cards (print yours at The3Day.org/Cards) to pass out to people who ask about your amazing garb.
- All the Flair: Wear as many 3-Day pins as possible! Whether they are celebrating a pit stop theme or honoring the memory of loved ones lost, pins are a large part of many 3-Day outfits. So, pull out your pins from years past and rock them all at once! This will make for fun, shareable photos to send out with your next fundraising email. 😊
- Movie Trivia: The Oscars might have passed, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make your next training walk a real Hollywood red carpet! Have your teammates dress up as their favorite celebrity or movie character, then hand out “3-Day Oscars.” You can do everything from Best Costume to Best Couple to Best Accessory and beyond!
- Think Pink: How much pink is too much? No such thing! Challenge your friends to try to wear as many as pink items as possible on your next walk. This is a great excuse to pick up new outfit ideas for the 3-Day this year, too.
- Go Team Go: We all love our 3-Day teammates and the family that is born on this 60-mile walk. However, most of us also have a favorite hometown sports team, too! Whether you love baseball or football or hockey or some other sport, encourage people to rock gear from their favorite sports team! You can time this around a big name in your hometown to really ramp up the excitement!
- Sparkle and Shine: You’ll be the most eye-catching group around by adding some sparkle! Get your glitter on and encourage walkers to wear their most eye catching ensemble.
- Pick a Decade: From the fringe of the 1920’s to tie dye in the 1970’s, pick your favorite decade and run with it. People can really get into this one when you add themed music for the walk, or even include trivia questions throughout the walk.
- Go Pattern-Crazy: Stripes. Polka dots. Floral. And that’s just the beginning! There are all kinds of fun patterns out there, so wear as many as possible…. all at once! Layer on those funny patterns for a truly unforgettable training outfit.
- Trip Down Memory Lane: Rock all your old 3-Day credentials at once! Pulling out these old credentials and lanyards will bring up so many fun memories and encourage chatter between people on the training walk. It’s a great way to encourage people to get to know new teammates!
Do you have any other fun theme ideas? Tell us in the comments or share photos from you latest themed training walk!
For tips about healthy living, click here for advice and support to keep you on track for the 3-Day and beyond. http://the3day.co/amgen2019. Thanks to the support of Amgen and in partnership with American Bone Health, the Healthy Living series was designed to prepare your mind, body and bones for the 3-Day.