Did you know the first Susan G. Komen 3-Day® is less than three months away? We can’t wait to get started on the right foot on August 15 in Michigan! While most of us are thrilled that the 3-Day is only a few months away, it’s okay if you’re a little bit nervous, too. We all know the idea of fundraising $2,300 can be a daunting task and some of you might be a little worried that you won’t be able to get it all done in time. That’s why we want to talk it out with you.
Join us on Thursday, May 29 at 6:00 p.m. PST (That’s 9:00 p.m. EST, and 8:00 p.m. CT) for a Tweet Chat all about fundraising. Never done a Tweet Chat before? That’s okay! Some people call them Twitter Parties or Twitter Meet-Ups. It works like this:
1) Sign on to Twitter at 6:00 p.m. PST.
2) Make sure you’re following @The3Day on Twitter.
3) On Twitter, search for #The3Day, which is the official hashtag we will use for this Tweet Chat.
4) You can also use the website TweetChat.com. Sign in, enter the hashtag #The3Day, and you’ll be able to watch and tweet in real-time with us.
5) We’ll have some questions we’ll ask to get things started, and we will also share tips and tricks from 3-Day veterans and coaches. This will be a great way to meet your fellow 3-Day participants, ask questions, and learn about fundraising. Our 3-Day Social Media Team, Alyssa and Erin, can’t wait to tweet with you!
Not on Twitter? Here are a few quick tips to get you started:
- It’s free and easy to join at Twitter.com.
- Go to twitter.com/the3day and click “Follow” to make sure our messages show up in your feed.
- A hashtag is a way to “file” tweets and collect them under a certain topic, so you’ll be able to see everything everyone is tweeting under this hashtag. Just search for #the3day in Twitter and you’ll be able to see everyone’s messages about the 3-Day, not just ours.
- When writing your own messages, keep in mind that tweets can only be 140 characters at a time, so it’s best to keep things short n’ sweet.
If you can’t make this Tweet Chat, you can always search #The3Day on Twitter to see all of the tweets that came from this Tweet Chat. Do you have any questions? Ask here, and remember, the 3-Day coaches are only a phone call away at 800-996-3-DAY!